There is a JOB FAIR on Thursday. Feb 24 at the Met Center 6347 Plymouth from 10-2. BJC…VERIZON..HOW SWEET THE SOUND) GRACE HILL AAA and many more. Deputy Director of EEOC also doing special workshop at 9 am on 2 nd level.
Posts Tagged ‘job fair’
Posted by Dress for Success Midwest Professional Women's Group on February 19, 2011
Posted by Dress for Success Midwest Professional Women's Group on July 28, 2010
A job fair is just like any other situation where you find yourself with a potential employer, job-seekers should be prepared when attending job fairs. Here are some tips that will help you stand out at a job fair.
1. Before the job fair, go online and find out what companies are going to be there. Use google and Wikipedia to search for information about the companies.
2. Prepare your elevator speech , so you can use it when talking with recruiters.
3.Dress nice- Men should wear a shirt and tie with dress slacks. Women can wear dress slacks and a button up shirt, skirt or dress. Keep it professional.
4. Smile when you greet the recruit and if they offer their hand give a firm handshake and maintain eye contact while speaking with them.
5.Ask questions, be ready with questions about what kind of skills they are looking for. Your questions should be phrased so the recruiters answers give you more information about hiring process for company.
6. Remember a job fair is a two- way street and you should be evaluations these companies just like they are using the opportunity to evaluate you.
7. Follow up is important, after the job fair send a handwritten note thanking the recruiter for his/her time.